Friday, May 22, 2009

Deperate Housewife of Calvert County

...Wayne thinks I could make a TV show. Based on Wednesday, that is. And (haven't seen either show but really, what do they have that I don't have? [Lots of money, good looks, fancy houses & cars...okay, okay, I get it.]

Anyway, back to Wednesday - I needed to go pick up our Visas from the Chinese Embassy in DC. Mind you, I had already gone to drop them off in a 6 hour debacle that left me yelling about how I'd never go back to that horrible city alone (or without a cell phone). Wayne had thought he'd be able to pick them up, but there he was, Wed. morning, trying to give me directions. Suitland Parkway to South Capital Street to 12th Street to Some Letter then Wisconsin. Okay, fine, sounded easy enough. La-te-da I'm driving and 12th street is closed!!! I ended up in Arlington!!!! So I'm freaking out but keep driving, trying to get back to DC, am calling Wayne but he's in a meeting!!! Luckily, Eli could tell by the yelling and tears that he needed to be quiet. Finally get there, Pick up was no problem and I get home without a hitch.

Get Eli out of the car, he starts to go down the walkway steps to the front door (which he has been doing on his own a lot lately) and BOOM! Falls and hits his head. Big scrape, little bump, some other smaller scratches...nice. I mean, pain doesn't bother him too much so he stopped crying as soon as we walked in the door and he let me clean it up without a fuss. But anyway, After being yelled at, poor Wayne has to come home to see his son all scraped up!

A little later, I try to mow. Get the back yard done , the mower sputters out. I fill up the gas tank (but it didn't seem too empty to me) and proceed to also add some oil. Waaaay too much oil! Smoke everywhere! I BROKE the mower! Couldn't get the weed-eater started (oh, I messed that one up too - put the wrong kind of gas in it).

So I start making dinner and Eli is fussy. I can't hold him and cook when I have 3 dishes on the stove and he is squirmy (I did for a while, but it wasn't working anymore). So I went and started a movie for him (Kung Foo Panda, which did keep him distracted for a while). By the time I got back to the stove, the beef was over cooked and super chewy.

Poor Wayne, some welcome, huh?

Anyway, that was Wednesday, he has since fixed the mower and weed-eater and I mowed the lawn last night to try to make it up to him.

There are new pictures up at picasaweb.google.com/froggio - I'm going to put up pics of Eli's scratches soon.

1 comment:

The Ainas said...

poor little guy! YAY for updating your blog again! :)